Monday, October 29, 2012

Wrapping Up This Crazy October: Taste of the Arts and More

Ugh! It's almost here- the end of October. Praise Jesus I really wondered if I would survive. I memorized my lines for Spirits in October (barely), went to more events than I can recall, and just finished Taste of the Arts. WOW. First- thank you to everyone who supported all of the charitable events I was a part of, these things cannot take place without you. Second, thank you to David- who was a patient date for most of my events, he was gracious enough to let me drag him around to most everything.

So, how was Taste of the Arts? It was amazing. I'm not sure how much we raised, I'll find out later, but the food was phenominal. I hate I didn't get to try everyone's food though- I'm really hating I missed Riverside Cemetary's chili, especially after working with them so much for Spirits in October. That wrapped up this weekend also, and I will get back to that later.

So anyways. It was a tremendous night. I saw a TON of people: Mr. and Mrs. Beeland, of course (and a big thumbs up to her for taking on the task for Interim Director of the Macon Arts Alliance); Chanda and Kevin Akles; Stephanie Robinson; Colin Holder; Canaan Marshall; Betsy Campbell and Gary Ballard; Molly Muse; David Quakenbush and Stephen Fulbright; Tori and Jerry Jennings- and so so many more. There's no WAY I can remember everyone and I will add yall as I remember. We went out to dinner at Tic Toc afterwards, which was equally amazing. I'm really looking forward to Cesare's new place opening up. He was kind enough to stay open for all of us piling in late.

The next Sunday was also the last night of Spirits in October. It was my absolute honor to play Mary Evans Glass, one of the founders of my sorority: Alpha Delta Pi. Thank you so much to all of you who came out to see us- being able to play this role has allowed me a deeper appreciation for my sorority. For all of you ADPi ladies, I truly feel our motto even more: " We Live For Each Other".


Take a look at more pictures here, courtesy of Steven Schroeder Photography:

No comments:

Post a Comment