Monday, January 28, 2013

Just an Ordinary Weekend and the Macon Civic Club Show

So, I haven't been on here in a while cause I really haven't had a whole lot going on- aside from school, a new job, being on the Macon Arts Alliance committee for Fired Works... yeah, I guess I do still have a lot going on.

But I haven't really been out and about like I usually would, not since New Year's and First Friday. This past weekend was just simply amazing, and I definitely did not go anywhere. But let me tell you how a day of nothing can turn in to something: you have to keep your mind open. For instance, my mom needed to go to Wal Mart, so I dropped her off at the door and my sweet babies were in the back seat. At the entrance to Wal Mart were about a dozen young men and women in uniform, asking for donations. So, I gave my babies a dollar each to give to them and asked who they were with: Crawford County High School ROTC. They just loved being able to help out! Then as I took the long way through the parking lot to Chic Fil A for their lunch, we pulled up next to a firetruck. They LOVE firetrucks! So I rolled down the windows and my kids waved and waved and waved! The firefighters were so nice- they beeped the horns and turned on the sirens and waved back. Then, on to Chic Fil A and back to Wal Mart. After we ate, we went over to the soccer fields at Stratford. My mom is a teacher there so it was no problem- my kids ran and ran and RAN. Then I showed them how to roll on their sides down the hill. Got all kinds of dried grass all over us but I didn't care. It was a good reminder it's the simple things that can make us happiest.

While this past weekend was about the simple things, I do love a good black tie affair and this upcoming weekend is the perfect one: the Macon Civic Club's Rollin' On the River. Be sure to check out my other blog, Make It Work Molly, for details about what I will be wearing ;) If you have never been to this show I promise you do NOT want to miss it. I will be at the Friday night black tie event, which is only $40/person and includes the pre show cocktail party, but other nights are as inexpensive at $18/person. Each evening's performance will benefit a different Middle Georgia charity, and of course yall know I can't say "no" to charities. And I really can't say "no" to seeing people I have grown up with making fun of themselves on stage- after all, the best kind of humor is self deprecating- correct?




Afterwards- be sure to enjoy the night out in downtown Macon! Perhaps cocktails at Kashmir, downtown grill or even Dovetail? Where will I see you?

No comments:

Post a Comment